Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera, who is the team’s new head coach and will be the Panther’s de-facto defensive coordinator, understands the value of having a dominating defensive tackle in the middle of the defense. He knows he can put him on the outside shoulder of one of the offensive guards and force the opposing offense to double-team him.
Denver sees Da’Quan Bowers as a dominating force on their defense. The Bills want to build their offense around young talented quarterback Blaine Gabbert. A.J. Green is a beast whom the Bengals can’t overlook. He’ll make Carson Palmer want to stay in Cincy.
Arizona needs an impact playmaking pass rusher like Von Miller. Cleveland may be getting the best defensive lineman in the draft with Marcell Dareus. Robert Quinn will make an impact for the Niners as a pass rusher.
The Titans may be get the chance to grab Cam Newton if he’s not off the board sooner. Dallas can’t help but grab Patrick Peterson, who is a steal at this spot. Cameron Jordan will fit in very well in one of the Redskins defensive end spots.
I’ve got the Eagles grabbing Mike Pouncey because he has the type of athleticism and intelligence which will allow the Birds to play him at guard or center depending on how well Jamaal Jackson returns. They’re deciding that they can live with Winston Justice.
Here’s the way I see things working out at this point.
1. Carolina Panthers – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos – Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
3. Buffalo Bills – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
4. Cincinnati Bengals – A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
5. Arizona Cardinals – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland Browns – Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
7. San Francisco 49ers – Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
8. Tennessee Titans – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
9. Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
10. Washington Redskins – Cameron Jordan, DE, California
11. Houston Texans – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
12. Minnesota Vikings – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
13. Detroit Lions – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
14. St. Louis Rams – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
15. Miami Dolphins – Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
17, New England Patriots – Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
18. San Diego Chargers – Tyron Smith, OT, USC
19. New York Giants – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
21. Kansas City Chiefs – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
22. Indianapolis Colts – Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
23. Philadelphia Eagles – Mike Pouncey, G/C, Florida
24. New Orleans Saints – Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
25. Seattle Seahawks – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
26. Baltimore Ravens – Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
27. Atlanta Falcons – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
28. New England Patriots – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
29. Chicago Bears – Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
30. New York Jets – J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
32. Green Bay Packers – Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova