On The Mound
- Aaron Nola turned in another rough outing, getting lit up for six runs on 10 hits and a walk over five innings.
- Nola struck out seven, but gave up two homers.
- Ricardo Pinto gave up a run in the sixth, and three more runs in the seventh.
- Yacksel Rios got the last two outs of the seventh.
- Edubray Ramos pitched a scoreless eighth.
At The Plate
- The offense put up nine runs on 14 hits.
- Rhys Hoskins turned in an electric game, launching his 12th homer and doubling to drive in three runs.
- Tommy Joseph hit a two-run homer of his own.
- Cesar Hernandez went 1-4 with an RBI-single.
- Freddy Galvis went 0-4 with a walk.
- Nick Williams went 2-5 with a double and a triple, driving in three.
- Maikel Franco went 1-5 with a single.
- Pedro Florimon singled in the second, but left with an injury. Hyunn Soo Kim replaced him, and went 1-3 with a single and a walk.
- Cameron Rupp went 1-5 with a single.
- Daniel Nava had a pinch-hit RBI-single.
Rhys Hoskins gets back on the home run trail tonight. He needs only eight homers between now and the end of the month to reach 20, which would be an incredible feat considering how short a time he’s had in the majors.
That comes out to about two homers a week from here on out, which is something that the powerful rookie is more than capable of.