On The Mound
- Aaron Nola shined in his latest start, going seven innings and allowing just one run on four hits while striking out 11.
- Adam Morgan pitched a scoreless eighth.
- Victor Arano mopped up in the ninth.
At The Plate
- The offense put up eight runs on 13 hits.
- Odubel Herrera hit out of the leadoff spot again, going 2-5 with a double and a two-run homer.
- Freddy Galvis went 3-5 with a double.
- Rhys Hoskins hit another homer, going 2-2 with a two-run shot and a walk.
- Nick Williams went 2-3, driving in a run.
- Aaron Altherr went 1-4 with a double.
- Maikel Franco went 1-4 with a single.
- Cameron Rupp went 0-4 with three strikeouts.
- J.P. Crawford started again at second, going 1-4.
Rhys Hoskins continues to blow people away. What really makes him special is that he’s a tough out with every at-bat. He’ll work a pitch count, he’ll get himself on base with a walk.
He’s easily getting past the 20 home run mark before the year is over. He may even push for 25.