The draft had quite a few surprises after starting off with everybody doing as expected.¬† Florida’s Tim Tebow was drafted by the Broncos even though they already have two young quarterbacks, but Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen wound up not making the first round even though many consider him most prepared to play right now.
1. Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma -¬† Bradford needs help immediately starting with offensive line.
2. Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska – He won’t be able to throw OL around like he did in college.
3. Bucs: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma – I rated him ahead of Suh because he’s a better pass rusher.
4. Redskins: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma – This shows the Redskins are going to run the football.
5. Chiefs: Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee – Chiefs couldn’t pass up this playmaker extraordinaire.
6. Seahawks: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St. – Okung is considered the best pass blocker of the OT’s.
7. Browns: Joe Haden, DB, Florida – He was considered the best corner in the draft.
8. Raiders: Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama – He’s a great player who could help turn around Raider’s D.
9. Bills: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson – Lynch is going to be given his walking papers.
10. Jaguars: Tyson Alualu, DE, Cal – This pick makes no sense. They could have gotten him at #20.
11. 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers – They traded up to get a guy who was expected by some to fall out of 1st round.
12. Chargers: Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St. – I didn’t think they had to move up so far to get this guy.
13. Eagles: Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan – Graham could be answer on leftside but was rated 3rd as pass rusher.
14. Seahawks: Earl Thomas, DB, Texas – He’s a playmaker as a safety which is a must now in every secondary.
15. Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, S. Florida – He has the biggest upside of the pass rushers but he’s raw.
16. Titans: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech – He is the most complete pass rusher in the draft.
17. 49ers: Mike Iupati, G, Idaho – The Niners want to be able to pound the football on the ground.
18. Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida – Pittsburgh wants to get back to running the football.
19. Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri – A tackling machine at outside linebacker.
20. Texans: Kareem Jackson, DB, Alabama – CB most prepared to play right now but expected to go in 2nd round.
21. Bengals: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma – He will attack defenses down the middle and help Palmer.
22. Broncos: Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech – Big athletic receiver who can help replace Marshall.
23. Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OL, Iowa – Packers need to better protect Aaron Rodgers.
24. Cowboys: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St. – He could be the steal of the draft at this spot.
25. Broncos: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida – They think they can make him a starter at quarterback.
26. Cardinals: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee – He’ll be a force in the middle of their defense.
27. Patriots: Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers – Here’s a starter at the cornerback position who will be physical.
28. Dolphins: Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St. – Here’s a big, physical classic 3-4 defensive end.
29. Jets: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St. – The Jets continue adding to that number-one rated defense.
30. Lions: Jahvid Best, RB, Cal – He’s got that special speed and quickness for the run and pass game.
31. Colts: Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU – Another pass rusher for the Colts to come off the corner.
32. Saints: Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St. – This guy will be able to step in and play right away.