On The Mound
- Jake Thompson started and pitched five innings, allowing one run on three hits and three walks.
- Kevin Siegrist pitched a scoreless sixth.
- Victor Arano gave up a run in the seventh, and Hoby Milner gave up two more in the same inning.
- Ricardo Pinto finished off the seventh.
- Luis Garcia pitched a scoreless eighth and got the win.
- Hector Neris picked up the save.
At The Plate
- The offense put up seven runs on six hits.
- Once again, Aaron Altherr supplied a big part of the offense, going 3-4 and driving in two.
- Altherr hit a home run for the third straight game, a two-run shot in the seventh.
- Tommy Joseph started at first, going 2-4 with a double and a homer.
- Cesar Hernandez went 0-3 with a walk.
- Freddy Galvis and Rhys Hoskins each took an 0-4.
- Maikel Franco played third, and went 0-4.
- Andrew Knapp returned to the lineup, going 1-3 and driving in a run.
The Phils are now just two wins away from avoiding a 100-loss season.
Quietly, Hector Neris has developed some consistency as the team’s closer. He’s converted his last 16 save opportunities.