- The Hockey News has released their predictions for the 2011-12 NHL season. The Washington Capitals are predicted to take the Eastern Conference, followed by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, and Flyers. Predictions typically don’t carry much stock this early, but THN is decent at predicting teams within a couple positions. I may be cautiously optimistic, but when you factor in seven new (and young) faces and Pronger health questions, I would expect them to fall in the 6th to 8th range in the East.
- Congratulations are in order for Sergei Bobrovsky, who married his longtime girlfriend Olga Dorokova today. Dorokova was denied a visa for the U.S. last season, forcing Bob to drive to Canada in order to see her.
- James Van Riemsdyk stated on twitter that he, Ian Laperriere, Scott Hartnell and Matt Carle are currently in Los Angeles filming for the next Judd Apatow movie, This is Forty (Edit: Not apparently the final name of the movie). The film is a spin-off of Knocked Up. I have no idea what role they will play, but my guess is Hartnell will be on the ground for the majority of his scene.
- Dan Carcillo spoke with the Chicago Sun-Times about his career to date and his expectations for next season. In the interview, he called out the Philadelphia media as “ridiculous… they make stories out of nothing.” I would argue that point, but this post isn’t really about anything either. I appreciated the Times asking about his open-ice check to Jeff Carter during the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals. “I was like, ‘Well, you should’ve gotten out of the way.’ ”
- INGOAL Magazine has posted photos of Ilya Bryzgalov’s mask for the 2011-12 season.
- Ike Richman, the VP of Public Relations for Comcast Spectacor, has announced that cup holders will be installed to “all seats in the Wells Fargo Center.” This isn’t really Flyers news, but I can’t but help but share it anyway.
For the latest Flyers news and updates, you can follow me on twitter (@JoshJanet).