The Phillies lost their fifth consecutive game on Wednesday night, falling 6-5 to the Dodgers. The team is now two games below .500, and six games out of first place. The team carried a two-run lead into the sixth inning, but allowed it to slip away to suffer another crushing defeat in front of the home crowd.
- Kyle Kendrick has been excellent since being inserted into the starting rotation, but was mediocre last night. The veteran gave up five runs in just 5.2 innings of work.
- Control was an issue for Kendrick. He surrendered just four hits on the night, but allowed five walks. Any time a pitcher issues such a high number of free passes, the opposing team is only going to need a couple of timely hits to do some serious damage.
- Ty Wigginton led the offensive charge with by going 3-4 and driving in two runs.
- Hunter Pence turned in another hitless performance, going 0-4. Its the third time he’s done this in the last week.
- John Mayberry got a start at first base, but went 0-3. He’s been one of the team’s major disappointments this season.
- Freddy Galvis left the game with a back strain. He’s going to need a trip to the disabled list.
- Jim Thome made his return tonight, but struck out in his only appearance as a pinch hitter.
- Jimmy Rollins drove in two runs with his only hit of the night.