- Kyle Kendrick got the start, and gave up three runs over two innings. It was not a good showing for the veteran, who gave up two hits and three walks. On the positive side, Kendrick struck out three.
- Sean O’Sullivan pitched two scoreless innings, striking out three to get the win.
- Philippe Aumont pitched a scoreless inning, without allowing a hit or giving up a walk.
- Luis Garcia allowed a run on three hits in one inning of work.
- Cesar Jimenez pitched two scoreless frames and struck out two.
- Justin De Fratus gave up two hits in the final inning, but also struck out the size.
- Jimmy Rollins had a strong day at the plate, hitting a three-run home run and drawing two walks. Rollins’ homer came with two outs.
- Chase Utley went 1-3 with a single, and scored a run.
- Ryan Howard went 0-3 with two strikeouts and left three runners on base.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-3 and scored two runs.
- Carlos Ruiz and Maikel Franco each went 0-1 with a walk and scored a run.
- Domonic Brown went 0-3 with a walk and scored a run.
- Darin Ruf went 1-3, driving in two runs.
- Lou Marson, who at one point was a top catching prospect for the Phillies who was involved in the original Cliff Lee trade, is back with the organization and made an appearance as a pinch hitter today, picking up a double.
It was a good showing for the Phillies’ offense today.
Jimmy Rollins was productive in all three at-bats, patiently working out two walks and hitting his first homer of the spring.
Marlon Byrd picked up two more hits.
Darin Ruf is off to a good start with four RBI’s in his first two games.
The only downside was Ryan Howard’s 0-for with two strikeouts.