On The Mound
- Mark Leiter turned in a solid start, lasting six innings and giving up three runs (only one earned) on five hits and a walk.
- Ricardo Pinto took over in the seventh, and blew the lead and took the loss, giving up two runs and picking up only one out.
- Hoby Milner came on and picked up the last two outs of the seventh.
- Victor Arano pitched a scoreless eighth, striking out two.
- Edubray Ramos came in and got the team through the ninth inning.
At The Plate
- The offense put up four runs on seven hits.
- Cesar Hernandez had a three-hit game at the top of the order, going 3-4 with a double and a walk.
- Freddy Galvis went 2-5 with a couple singles.
- Nick Williams drove in two of the team’s runs with a two-run homer.
- Rhys Hoskins knocked in the other two runs with a double.
- Aaron Altherr took an 0-3 with a walk.
- Odubel Herrera went 0-4.
- Jorge Alfaro took an 0-4.
- J.P. Crawford worked three walks at the bottom of the order.
The Phillies played a strong series against one of the top teams in baseball, nearly pulling off a four-game sweep of the playoff-bound Dodgers.
One thing to note about J.P. Crawford is that he’s done a good job getting on base through working walks. Crawford has worked 10 walks 47 plate appearances, and he’s had two games where he’s managed three.